KIK is undoubtedly the the most popular instant messaging app and its users are increasing at the speed of light. It has reached to 200 million users till this january. It is already ranking at 7th in the list of top chatting applications. It is also one of the toughest competitors for WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, which are the most used instant messaging apps. Kik offers a vast number of features, apart from the regular ones that every messaging app does. However, its most unique feature that sets it apart from others is its traditional use of username for user identity instead of mobile numbers.
This protects your mobile number from going into wrong hands. Moreover, Kik never accesses your contact list unless it is asked to. The permissions required by Kik are minimally invasive and they provide more user security than any other apps. Thus, the aforementioned is unquestionable that Kik Messenger is so popular among the younger generations.
However, unlike WhatsApp, the online version of Kik Messenger has not been introduced yet. WhatsApp Web, is the online version of WhatsApp, wherein a user can log onto the WhatsApp Web site and scan the barcode on their phone. Once the barcode is registered, they can start using WhatsApp on their laptops or computers. This makes it easier to toggle between work and chatting. Also, if an important discussion is happening over chat, you can keep up with it without your phone too. Thus, online versions of messaging apps are really important. Since an official Kik Messenger Online is not available yet, users need to find an alternate way to do so. Given below is a complete tutorial on how to login with Kik online:
- Download an Android emulator on your laptop or PC. An Android emulator is a software that creates a virtual android system on your device to allow you to start using android applications.
- Bluestacks is a good and popular android emulator and can be downloaded from Google for free.
- Once the emulator is downloaded, install it on your lapotop/PC.
- Run Bluestacks on your computer. In the search box displayed on the screen, type 'Kik Messenger' and download the application.
- Install the downloaded messenger file by following the instructions given on the screen.
- Once it is installed, you are now ready to use Kik Messenger online. Enter your existing username and password to continue using Kik on your PC or laptop.
If you face any problem with downloading Kik for PC from Bluestacks, you can follow the alternate method as given below:
- Download and install Bluestacks on your laptop/PC.
- In Google, type 'KikMessenger.apk', i.e. download the file with the extension .apk.
- Once the file is downloaded, open it by double clicking on it. The file will open directly on Bluestacks.
- Install it by following the instructions on the screen.
- Kik Messenger is now ready to be used on your PC/laptop, anytime you like.
Thus, installing and using Kik Messenger online is really simple and very useful.